Interview Questions : Analog Circuit Designing
Welcome to the world of analog
designing, I am Ravi, I did my M.tech. from HBTI Kanpur & presently I
am working in a MNC as an Analog Circuit Designer.
Analog Validation (if
u know these then it will give u added advantage)
Good books on Analog CMOS
Title: CMOS Analog Circuit Design-Phillip
Title: Analysis and Design of Analog Integrated Circuits
Title: Design of analog CMOS Integrated Circuits
Analog Interview Questions
Electro migration depends on
2. To remove antenna effect which
(a) (i) and (iii) are
3. In an Inverter circuit if the following condition lies for input voltage
Vin = Vdd/2 then
(a) n-mos will be in cut off and p-mos will be in linear
4) Calculate Rz for both circuits ? ( NMOS are connected in diagrams shown below )
5) If Vg1 is fixed to 2.5V and Vg2 is sweep from 0 to 5V, Draw Vout waveform ( assume VDD = 5V )
6) Assume threshold voltage of PMOS is –Vt & NMOS is Vt , a input pulse from VSS to VDD is given to circuit shown
below, Draw the output waveform
7) Which of these two amplifiers (in fig 4)have higher Gain? ( assume W/L of all transistors are same ), If Bias Current through M5 increase, what happens to gain ?
8) Which of these two amplifiers (in fig 4)have higher bandwidth? ( assume W/L of all transistors are same ), If Bias Current through M5 increase, what happens to Bandwidth ?
9) Tell me the advantages of amplifier shown in figure 5 over those shown in figure 4 ?
10) What is a miller compensation technique?
11) Draw an OPAMP & tell me various poles & zeros associated with the circuit you draw ? How you will stabilize your system?
12) Which OPAMP is easy to design, OPAMP with capacitive load or OPAMP with resistive load ?
13) What is DIBL effect in MOSFET? Describe it with energy band diagram?
14) What are main advantages of making CMOS circuits working in sub threshold regions?
15) Describe Electro migration effect? & ways to reduce Electro migration during layouts?
16) What is CMP dishing? How metal slotting & dummy metal help in reducing CMP dishing ?
17) Describe OPC techniques & phase shift mask?
18) What is Latch up? Tell me at least 5 ways how we can reduce probability of a latchup in ur circuit ?
19) Draw the layout of M1 & M2 transistor in figure 5 (hint : - take care of Matching pattern , Match routing & guard ring etc ) .
20 ) how you can match you resistor & capacitor layouts ?
21 ) what are advantages of Common centroid & interdigitized patterns
22) Calculate Vout/Vin ?(in fig 6)
23) Calculate Rin(input Resistance) ?(in Fig 7)
24) Calculate Vout ?
Analog Interview Questions
Good books on Analog Layout
Title : Excellent book for engineering students
Author : Alan Hastings
Good books on Electronics Circuits
Title: Microelectronic Circuits
Author: Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth C. Smith
Title: Integrated electronics
Author: MILLMAN JACOB - HALKIAS CHRISTOS C
Title : Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory
Author : Robert L. Boylestad, Louis Nashelsky
Important & useful links
Analog and Mixed Signal VLSI Circuit Design
Dr. Navakanta Bhat
Professor, ECE Department
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-56001
CMOS Analog Quick reference Guide
Hi Friends you can send me analog question asked during your interview, I will include your mails in this webpage.
My Email is email@example.com
©2006 Learn Analog